Tuesday 26 February 2013

Nail Varnish TAG

Tumblr_mbi1kbae7g1qf9rf3o1_500_large
credit to 'we heart it' for the picture.


I've seen this TAG floating about on many different blogs and I think this is a perfect TAG for me to do as I have a large collection of different nail varnishes. I've merged some of the questions together from 2 separate tags that I found so there will be more questions in this.

Questions
1. How many nail polishes do you have?
Well I'm always being told every time I go to buy a new nail varnish that I don't need any more - this isn't only from my family members but also my friends! I did sit this afternoon and count how many I have and the grand total is roughly..128, eeekkkk & there is probably more hiding away somewhere, it's not good. Now you may all be able to understand why people tell me that I do NOT need any more. 

2. What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
I have many favourites when it comes to nail varnish but at the same time I'm not really fussy. I will easily pick up a 'Miss Sporty' nail varnish and give it a try to see if I can find some cheaper alternatives. If I had to choose a brand I do love the Revlon colours and how they stay on my nails & also I'm a HUGE fan of Models Own & Barry M. 

3. Do you like or hate crackle polish?
I would have to say I'm in between when it comes to the crackled effect, I've tried it a couple of times and it's looked okay. I'd probably be swaying more to the hate side as I don't use it very often, you would be lucky to find me wearing it twice a year BUT I do like the effect it creates and it looks really nice on some people. 

4. What was the brand of your very first nail polish?
Wow, this is a question that really made me think...I honestly don't have any idea and I don't actually remember the first time I bought my first ever nail polish. It possibly could have been one of the cheaper brands or MAYBE a Rimmel one. I'm really not sure.

5. If you had a nail polish line, what would it be called?
This is a tricky question, I'm not really good when it comes to thinking up names of things but I'd probably call it something really girly like 'Sparkle' or 'Diamond' - terrible I know. 

6. What nail polish colour do not look good on you?
I'm not a fan of the blue colours on my nails, especially the dark blues. I have yet to experiment more on different shades of blue but at this moment in time blue is definitely a colour I avoid when doing my nails. 

7. What nail polish shades do look good on you?
I like some pastel colours on my nails or black. I think those are the colours that work for me the most. 

8. Name 2 of your nail art best friends.
I don't really use much regarding nail art the most I do is use a clip to put dots on my nails (that's if I can be bothered to spend around 20 minutes doing it!)

9. What is the best nail polish gift you have ever received?
This is really weird as I don't think I've received many nail varnishes as a gift. I normally buy the brands and colours that I want.

10. Glitter or no glitter?
Lately, I've been in to painting my ring finger with glitter. I went through a stage of this last year and then stopped for a few months but it looks like I'm back doing it again! I do like adding glitter as I think it makes your nails stand out and look that extra little bit different.

11. OPI, China Glaze or Essie?
This will be surprising but I've never tried any of these brands, I think they are slightly on the expensive side for me especially as I buy so many! I have been wanting to try Essie for a long time though as some of the colours they have are absolutely gorgeous! 

12. When do you change your nail polish?
ALL THE TIME.  I must change my nail colour at least 3 times a week, it's like a weird obsession that I have. I get bored of colours so easily and I do actually enjoying painting my nails, it's the drying process that annoys me.

13.  What are you wearing on your nails this very moment?
Rimmel's 'Black Cab' and then I've added Models Own 'Juicy Jules' to my ring finger on top of the black colour, I'm liking it so far. 

14. French manicure?
I only ever get this design when I have acrylic nails done as I don't really like the design on my actual nails. 

15. Favourite colour for upcoming season?
I'm loving all the pastel colours, especially the mint greens. 

I tag EVERYONE to do this - I actually quite enjoyed writing this one. What's all of your favourite nail varnish brand & colours?




No comments:

Post a Comment