Thursday 7 February 2013

January Favourites

Oh my god, where did the month of January disappear to?! It went so fast, I couldn't believe it when I was saying 'it's the 1st of February tomorrow'. Seems like this year will be going as quickly as 2012!

Even though I thought the month went extra quick I did manage to find some products and items that I LOVE.
(swatched Kate Moss shade 16)
  • Over the knuckle gold rings from River Island
  • Rimmel London lipstick - Kate Moss collection - shade 16
  • Ted Baker bag with gold bow
  • Revlon nail varnish - 185 Lilac Pastelle
I absolutely love the Revlon lilac shade that I decided to paint my nails and I wore it for the majority of January! I think the glitter nail varnish on the ring finger also adds something to the whole look which I also decided to keep - I used Models Own 'Juicy Jules' for the glitter effect. 

The Kate Moss lipstick collection was a late(ish) buy for me in the month of January but I grew to like to so much that I had to include it in my favourites post. The smell of the lipstick is UH-MAZ-ING as it smells just like watermelon. I find it hard to find a lipstick that goes well on my lips and also compliments my hair colour and I believe this one is a winner! They are around £5.49 in Boots & Superdrug and quite often there's a 3 for 2 offer. 

Ted Baker is a brand for me which is ridiculously overpriced yet I can't stay away from the store!! I do, however, enjoy one of the perks of being a student and that's the 15% student discount that they offer in there, which is always a bonus. I always wanted one of these bags but never wanted the plain bow ones so I searched high & low for the glitter bow and only find ONE left in my local store and I knew I had to have it. I bought this bag a while ago back in 2012 but after purchasing it I didn't get a lot of use out of it. However, this has totally changed this year and I have been constantly using it. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I don't know if you can still get them as I did have to search for mine but they still do similar styles & I'm sure they're around the £35 mark.

I've been seeing many posts about the over the knuckle rings and I must admit I was rather intrigued. Just by looking at them I made an assumption that they would either fall off my fingers or they would be extremely uncomfortable. I was wrong. Completely wrong. I've been wearing the ones I bought from River Island occasionally and when I do people always ask me where I got them from. I'm so glad I did decide to buy some to try out as I know I will be wearing these loads. They are £2 in River Island for both. Bargain. 


Other favourites:
  • FILM: Disney movies (new found love for these movies, feel like a kid again!)
  • SONG: 'What About Us' - The Saturdays

Hope you all enjoyed my favourites from the month of January, leave a comment telling me your favourites of the month too as I'd love to read them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment