Tuesday 16 April 2013

DUPE #1: MAC Pretty Please vs Revlon Sky Line Pink

I'm always on the look out for cheaper alternatives of any make-up brand that charges slightly higher prices than the rest, for example MAC. 
I originally got the Revlon lipstick first as I'm really into the nude/pink colours. It wasn't until my mum bought me the MAC lipstick for my birthday that I realised just how similar these two shades were. Don't get me wrong they aren't an EXACT match but I think they are pretty close! The Revlon one does come out slightly darker than MAC as you can see by the swatches on my hand, however, when applied on the lips they do look extremely similar. I do understand that the picture of the swatches isn't the best but because they are really nude lipsticks it was hard to photograph - hopefully you can see it okay.

The top colour is the MAC lipstick & the bottom one is Revlon. They do appear to be completely different colours on my hand but I promise you they aren't as different as they appear in the picture! I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Revlon lipsticks as I don't think they are as moisturising to the lips as the MAC ones. Saying that, the Revlon lipsticks are around half the price of the MAC ones at around the £7 mark. Also, the MAC lipsticks have the most gorgeous smell to them (please don't tell me I'm weird & I'm the only one who's noticed this, PLEASE!?). I would recommend that if you're looking for a cheaper alternative for the Pretty Please lipstick by MAC, the Revlon one is definitely one to try out.

I hope this helped whoever is reading this! 
Do you have any cheaper lipsticks that are dupes for MAC ones?






No comments:

Post a Comment